PROBLEM GAMBLING PROGRAMS WORK. CALL TOLL FREE 1.888.789.7777.
At Mohegan Sun, we strive to understand problem gambling and to help those who have problems obtain the help they need. Learn about our Responsible Gaming Program.
Improve Your Odds
Mohegan Sun recognizes that for most people gambling is a social or recreational activity, something that is fun and entertaining. For others, gambling causes problems and becomes uncontrollable and is no longer a choice. We believe that it is our responsibility to be sensitive to our guests and our host community by proactively addressing problem gambling.
We recommend the following guidelines to help reduce the risk of developing a gambling problem.
- Gambling is not essential for having a good time.
- The odds are always against winning. Gamble for entertainment, not as a way to make money.
- Set a time and dollar limit and stick to it.
- Never borrow money to gamble that you cannot repay.
- Gambling should not be used to solve financial problems.
- Never chase after losses. Money spent on gambling is the cost of entertainment.
- Gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed or under stress can result in excessive losses as judgment may be impaired.
Do You Have A Gambling Problem?
These 10 questions have been developed to help individuals determine whether they have a gambling problem.
- Have you been preoccupied with thoughts of gambling while doing other things that require your attention?
- Have you been restless or irritable when unable to gamble?
- Have you hidden your gambling from family members?
- Has gambling created conflict and unhappiness in your life?
- Have you tried to stop gambling but have not been able to?
- Have you gambled to obtain money to pay debts or solve other financial problems?
- Have you needed someone else to bail you out of a gambling debt?
- Have you ever borrowed money and not paid it back as a result of your gambling?
- Have you been unable to pay bills due to gambling losses?
- Have you ever thought you might have a gambling problem?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the questions, you may be at risk for developing a gambling problem. The more questions answered 'yes,' the greater the likelihood you already have a gambling problem.
Do you know the warning signs of problem gambling? Disruptive to the individual, family, social and work life, problem gambling can develop in anyone and does not discriminate against gender, age, social, ethnic or economic groups. Risks vary for each individual.
If you are concerned about your own gambling or the gambling of someone you care about, call the Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling Helpline: 1.888.789.7777. It is free, confidential and available 24 hours. Visit the Council's website at ccpg.org to access additional information on problem and underage gambling, the rates of adult, college and high school student problem gambling, a list of other websites with helpful problem gambling information and much more.
Access CCPG's free Online Chat ». All Chat Specialists have expertise in problem gambling and provide emotional support and link chat visitors to local treatment services.
Mohegan Sun recognizes our responsibility in the prevention of problem gambling. Our self-exclusion program allows guests with problem gambling behavior to permanently self-exclude themselves from the property. Download our self-exclusion form. The form must be notarized and a photo ID must be provided.
The legal age for casino gambling in Connecticut is 21 years old. Mohegan Sun strongly enforces underage gambling regulations. Underage gamblers found on the gaming floor are subject to ejection and/or arrest.